Of late I've been hearing the word "future" a lot. Whether it's from my parents who are incessantly planning for good of the family, or from some news channel that discusses what lies for its nation in the year/years ahead.
That sort of got me thinking about myself and what my 'future' would be like. Is there a predecided future that awaits to unfold for me? If so, I can't help but think that that means I have no free will over my life. So technically, I don't decide my future- contradictory to what we've heard all our lives of how we are the architects of our lives.
Let's say I'm meant to die in 2059- due to the turn of a million events that take place from today. So everything in the next 50 years have to take place exactly the way they've been decided to happen, without any variation whatsoever, just so that today- 50 years from now- I'm dead! For this to occur everyone else in the world also has to do exactly what they have to do. If someone so much so sneezes at the wrong time - that would prove my creator's plan wrong. (which by the way would mean that the world does revolve around me!)
So if life has to go on for the next 50 years exactly the way it has been decided by the Divine force, then do any of us really have free will? Is the so called future being dictated and are we all going to do only those specific things and nothing more or less? Or do we have free will?-like we've always believed we did. Are there really random events that defy what's already been decided?
If I have free will, then I'd do something that's not been predicted yet- which would mean I won't die in exactly 50 years. I could die before or after- no one knows. But if I don't have free will, and I just think I do, then every event in the universe is a mathematical progression of every previous event. Which means there's actually only one fixed way of everything turning out. So for those who can "see the future", they'd know what my next 50 years are going to be like- because I must die after that- otherwise it would be proving the Divine force wrong.
So it's either free will or "the future". Because if there was any degree of free will, then a different set of events would take place than the ones that should for me to actually die in 2059. Which would mean that no psychic would be able to ever predict when I actually die. Is the future static then? Because for the people who claim to have the genuine ability to predict the future, the future has to be something that's static. Something that's already there and therefore they have the ability to see it.
I'd think its a conflicting possibility altogether. You can choose to agree with whatever works best for you. However, next time someone tells you to stop being so full of yourself because the world does not revolve around you, tell them to think again- because it most probably does!
That sort of got me thinking about myself and what my 'future' would be like. Is there a predecided future that awaits to unfold for me? If so, I can't help but think that that means I have no free will over my life. So technically, I don't decide my future- contradictory to what we've heard all our lives of how we are the architects of our lives.
Let's say I'm meant to die in 2059- due to the turn of a million events that take place from today. So everything in the next 50 years have to take place exactly the way they've been decided to happen, without any variation whatsoever, just so that today- 50 years from now- I'm dead! For this to occur everyone else in the world also has to do exactly what they have to do. If someone so much so sneezes at the wrong time - that would prove my creator's plan wrong. (which by the way would mean that the world does revolve around me!)
So if life has to go on for the next 50 years exactly the way it has been decided by the Divine force, then do any of us really have free will? Is the so called future being dictated and are we all going to do only those specific things and nothing more or less? Or do we have free will?-like we've always believed we did. Are there really random events that defy what's already been decided?
If I have free will, then I'd do something that's not been predicted yet- which would mean I won't die in exactly 50 years. I could die before or after- no one knows. But if I don't have free will, and I just think I do, then every event in the universe is a mathematical progression of every previous event. Which means there's actually only one fixed way of everything turning out. So for those who can "see the future", they'd know what my next 50 years are going to be like- because I must die after that- otherwise it would be proving the Divine force wrong.
So it's either free will or "the future". Because if there was any degree of free will, then a different set of events would take place than the ones that should for me to actually die in 2059. Which would mean that no psychic would be able to ever predict when I actually die. Is the future static then? Because for the people who claim to have the genuine ability to predict the future, the future has to be something that's static. Something that's already there and therefore they have the ability to see it.
I'd think its a conflicting possibility altogether. You can choose to agree with whatever works best for you. However, next time someone tells you to stop being so full of yourself because the world does not revolve around you, tell them to think again- because it most probably does!

2 comments:
Infact the divine force has granted us free will and the future and the turn of events he decided for us changes with the choices we make and our own actions. For example, if he has decided for us to die 50 years from now in a comfortable bed surrounded by family, and in the course of 50 years we make a choice to kill someone then due to our choice and actions the future changes such that in those 50 years we end up in jail suffering and we may die naturally in jail or on the street or a close buddy of the man we murdered will take revenge.
Thus, even though the future decided for us is a serious of very closely calculated steps taking into account our own actions and the actions of other people and their futures, free will or choice will decide the turns our futures will take depending on our actions. What our actions will reap also depends on our karma in the past so in a way we have no sure way of knowing what will definitely happen, except that good actions reap good and bad actions reap bad.
This is how the concepts of "Karma and Dharma" are woven into our lives.
I have had this debate with myself many a times and never reached a conclusion. So why not share it with some people.
If we do belive in the Divine Force having crafted our lives out, then how can we believe in karma? As for every action of ours, are we to be held laible or is it the Divine Force? Is it only the consequences of our actions that are decided for us or is it the actions itself?
We have usually heard this being said - Whatever has to happen, happens. Well then, if I rob or kill someone, am I to blame? Or is the the Creator who has made me for the way I am? If so, then how can we call the human mind a horrible weapon.
This is life's mystery, which would NEVER unfold. Therefore, you have a choice - a choice to believe either of the following;
Every little action is a part of a game plan, which none other than the Creator has crafted. We have no control over what we do or what happens to us OR
The stage has been set for us. Our minds make us act in a way, the consequences of which are decided by the Divine Force and are not in our control. Thus, the actions are ours; the consequences are not.
Once again I am lost...
Post a Comment