
A lot of times we are defined by people we associate ourselves with.
This post might sound cliched in a lot of ways. But its amazing sometimes how we always throw aside the cliched things in life thinking just because we've heard it often, we've realised what they really mean.
Have you ever stopped to think what your friends really mean to you? Yes, they're nice, they're undersanding, they're supportive and all that jazz! You wouldn't be friends with them if they weren't all that!
Every person I'm friends with or consider as a friend is someone whom I've learned something from. Someone whom I think has helped me look at things differently or has changed my perception about something (for the better ofcourse), or simply made me realise something I never did in the past.
A couple of years ago, a friend of mine explained to me that he believed that no two people turned out to be friends 'just like that'. And that it was only because they are able to exchange something, that they're friends. He obviously wasn't implying something materialistic... neither did his remark have a sexual reference to it!
Anyway, I have to agree with what he said because I definitely do think that I learn so much from the people I consider as friends. (Although I don't think they learn much from me :p) And you'd be surprised how people whom you thought were ordinary and simple, probably have some of the most unusual ways of thinking.
I can be a bit vain sometimes and tend to judge people without knowing them; even though I try not to. Over the past couple of months I've made some friends whom I don't hang out with or have long conversations with to catch up on one another's lives over a cup of coffee. Yet I consider them my friends because over just a few months they've helped me look at certain things differently. They've brought some sort of meaning to something. It's nothing dramatic, it's nothing intense. And although these people don't have much significance in my personal life, I look forward to seeing them every week.
In an entire lifetime, there are a whole lot of people who walk in and out of your life. And it sucks to have people whom you thought you'd always be in touch with disappear from your radar. And I miss them quite a bit sometimes...but life goes on anyway. You meet new people, you learn new things, and before you know it, life changes and you've both moved on. And a new circle is formed. What matters I suppose is what you've learned from it all.
...Just a random realisation from some of the patterns in my life.

1 comment:
Very nice post... its true people don't become friends just for the heck of it. They become friends when there is an exchange either at the conscious level or the subconscious level. Mutual benefit is what makes people connect.
And change is the only constant in life, the important thing is to keep up with it and learn and grow as much as possible.
Cheers! :)
Post a Comment